My little boy is 18 months now and already a huge fan of savoury eggy bread, but i wanted to try a sweeter version more like a french toast. I gave a few versions a try but this was my favourite, and definitely Artie’s favourite.
1-2 tablespoons of Oatly oat milk (or any dairy free milk)
1 tsp vanilla extract or 1/2 a vanilla pod
1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
1 slice bread (thicker bread works best)
1 tsp coconut oil (or oil of your choice)
- Beat the egg, cinnamon and vanilla in a cup
- Pour onto a plate with sides and soak the bread, turning over to get both sides
- Add the coconut oil to a frying pan
- Once hot, add the soaked bread and fry on each side until golden brown
- Cut into fingers, squares, triangles or shapes with a cutter and serve.
**Plate by V&C Designs from Lullabuy**